The state council has issued a notice on the issuance of the action plan for water pollution prevention and control
On April 2, 2015, the notice of the state council on the issuance of water pollution prevention and control action plan (guofa  no. 17) was written and released on April 16, 2015. It reads as follows:
People's governments of all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the central government, ministries and commissions under the state council and institutions directly under the state council:
Now the action plan of water pollution prevention and control is printed and distributed to you. Please earnestly implement it.
Water environmental protection concerns the vital interests of the people, the building of a moderately prosperous society in all respects, and the realization of the Chinese dream of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation. At present, some areas in China are faced with serious problems such as poor water environment quality, heavy damage to water ecology and many hidden environmental hazards, which affect and damage the health of the people and are not conducive to sustainable economic and social development. This action plan is formulated in order to effectively strengthen the prevention and control of water pollution and ensure national water security.
General requirements: fully implement the party's 18 large and 18 fourth plenary session of 2, 3, spirit, and promote the building of ecological civilization, to improve the water environment quality as the core, in accordance with the "priority to water saving and spatial equilibrium, system management, his hands with" principle, the implementation of "safe, clean and healthy" policy, strengthen the source control, water and land as a whole, hohai, give attention to two or morethings in rivers and lakes basin, region, stage of scientific management, system promote the prevention and control of water pollution, water conservation and water resources management. Adhere to the government market coordination, pay attention to reform and innovation; We will continue to implement the strictest possible environmental protection system in accordance with the law. We will implement the responsibilities of all parties and strictly assess their accountability. We will ensure the participation of all the people, promote the responsibility of everyone to save water and clean water, and form a new mechanism to prevent and control water pollution that is guided by the government, governed by enterprises, driven by the market, and participated by the public. We will achieve win-win results in terms of environmental, economic and social benefits, and strive to build a beautiful China with "blue skies, green mountains, and green water".
Work goal: by 2020, the national water environment quality has been improved to periodically, polluted water is greatly reduced, the safety of drinking water security levels continue to improve, get strict control of groundwater, groundwater pollution is increasing trend got preliminary control, order in the nearshore environmental quality stability, beijing-tianjin-hebei, Yangtze river delta, the pearl river delta area of water, such as health improved the ecological environment. By 2030, China will strive to improve the overall quality of water environment and restore the function of water ecosystem. By the middle of this century, the quality of the ecological environment will have been improved, and the ecological system will have achieved a virtuous cycle.
Main indicators: by 2020, the Yangtze river, Yellow River, pearl river, the songhua river, huaihe river, haihe river, liaohe river such as water quality excellent (reach or exceed Ⅲ class) proportion generally above 70%, above ground level and city proper black smelly water bodies are controlled within 10%, above ground level and urban centralized drinking water water quality to reach or exceed Ⅲ class overall is higher than 93%, the proportion of the national groundwater quality is poor control at about 15%, nearshore water quality excellent (1, 2) ratio of around 70%. The proportion of water sections in the beijing-tianjin-hebei region that are out of use (worse than category V) has decreased by about 15 percentage points, and the Yangtze river delta and pearl river delta regions strive to eliminate the water bodies that are out of use.
By 2030, the seven key river water quality excellent overall reached 75% above, overall city proper black smelly water get eliminated, urban centralized drinking water water quality reach or exceed the 95% overall Ⅲ class.
1. Comprehensively controlling the discharge of pollutants
1. We will work hard to prevent and control industrial pollution. We will ban "ten small" enterprises. Comprehensive screening of low level of equipment, environmental protection facilities poor small industrial enterprises. By the end of 2016, in accordance with laws and regulations on water pollution prevention and control, all small paper making, leather making, printing and dyeing, dyestuff, coking, sulfur refining, arsenic refining, oil refining, electroplating, pesticides and other production projects that seriously pollute the water environment that do not comply with the national industrial policies will be banned. (the ministry of environmental protection takes the lead, the ministry of industry and information technology, the ministry of land and resources, the bureau of energy and other participation, local people's governments at all levels are responsible for implementation. The following shall be implemented by local people's governments at all levels and shall not be listed.)
Special rectification ten key industries. We will formulate special treatment plans for paper making, coking, nitrogen fertilizer, nonferrous metals, printing and dyeing, agricultural and sideline food processing, raw material drug manufacturing, leather making, pesticides, electroplating and other industries, and carry out cleaner transformation. Equal or reduced emissions of major pollutants will be replaced in the construction projects of the above-mentioned industries. Before the end of 2017, strive to complete no element chlorine bleaching pulp papermaking industry transformation or take other low pollution pulping technology, iron and steel enterprises coke oven complete dry quenching technology transformation, urea nitrogen fertilizer industry production complete process condensate hydrolyzing analytical technology reform, printing and dyeing industry low drainage, the dyeing and finishing pharmaceutical (antibiotics, vitamin) industry to implement green enzymatic production of technical reformation, chrome tanning industry to implement quantitative and closed cycle use of technological transformation. (led by the ministry of environmental protection and participated by the ministry of industry and information technology)
We will focus on controlling water pollution in industrial clusters. We will intensify pollution control in industrial clusters such as economic and technological development zones, new and high-tech industrial development zones, and export processing zones. Industrial wastewater in the agglomeration area must be pre-treated to meet the requirement of centralized treatment before it enters the sewage centralized treatment facility. The construction and upgrading of industrial clusters should be synchronized with the planning and construction of pollution control facilities such as sewage and garbage centralized treatment. By the end of 2017, industrial clusters should have built sewage treatment facilities and installed automatic online monitoring devices in accordance with regulations, one year ahead of schedule in the beijing-tianjin-hebei region, the Yangtze river delta and the pearl river delta. Those who fail to do so within the time limit shall be suspended from examining and approving construction projects that increase the discharge of water pollutants, and their park qualifications shall be revoked in accordance with the relevant provisions. (led by the ministry of environmental protection, with the participation of the ministry of science and technology, the ministry of industry and information technology, and the ministry of commerce)
2. We will intensify efforts to control pollution in urban areas. We will accelerate the construction and upgrading of urban sewage treatment facilities. Existing urban sewage treatment facilities should be upgraded according to local conditions and meet the corresponding discharge standards or recycling requirements by the end of 2020. Urban sewage treatment facilities in sensitive areas (key lakes, key reservoirs and inshore water catchment areas) should meet the discharge standards of class A by the end of 2017. Built up area water quality reach the surface Ⅳ class standard of cities, new urban sewage treatment facilities to perform one class A discharge standard. According to the requirements of the national new urbanization plan, by 2020 all county towns and key towns in China will have the capacity to collect and treat sewage, and the sewage treatment rate of county towns and cities will reach about 85 percent and 95 percent respectively. The beijing-tianjin-hebei region, the Yangtze river delta and the pearl river delta were completed one year ahead of schedule. (led by the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, with the participation of the national development and reform commission and the ministry of environmental protection)
We will comprehensively strengthen supporting pipe networks. Strengthen sewage interception and collection in urban villages, old urban areas and urban and rural fringe areas. The existing combined system drainage system should speed up the implementation of rain and sewage diversion transformation. The supporting pipe network of new sewage treatment facilities should be designed, constructed and put into operation synchronously. In addition to arid areas, rain and sewage diversion is used in the construction of new urban areas. By 2017, the sewage in built-up areas of municipalities directly under the central government, provincial capital cities and cities under separate state planning shall be fully collected and treated, and that in built-up areas of other prefecture-level cities shall be basically completed by the end of 2020. (led by the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, with the participation of the national development and reform commission and the ministry of environmental protection)
Promote sludge treatment and disposal. Sludge generated by sewage treatment facilities should be stabilized, harmless and recycled, and it is forbidden to treat and dispose sludge that is not up to standard into cultivated land. Illegal sludge dumping sites will be banned. The existing sludge treatment and disposal facilities should basically complete the transformation to meet the standards by the end of 2017, and the harmless treatment and disposal rate of municipal sludge at the prefecture-level and above should reach more than 90% by the end of 2020. (led by the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, with the participation of the national development and reform commission, the ministry of industry and information technology, the ministry of environmental protection and the ministry of agriculture)
3. Promoting prevention and control of pollution in agriculture and rural areas. Prevention and control of livestock and poultry breeding pollution. By the end of 2017, livestock farms (communities) and breeding professionals in the prohibited areas will be closed or relocated in accordance with the law, one year ahead of schedule in the beijing-tianjin-hebei region, the Yangtze river delta and the pearl river delta. The existing large-scale livestock and poultry farms (small communities) shall, according to the needs of pollution prevention and control, build facilities for the storage, treatment and utilization of waste water. Scattered and intensive areas to implement livestock and poultry waste water collection, centralized treatment and utilization. Starting from 2016, the construction, reconstruction and expansion of large-scale livestock and poultry farms (communities) shall carry out rain and sewage diversion and waste water recycling. (led by the ministry of agriculture and participated by the ministry of environmental protection)
Control pollution from non-point agricultural sources. We will formulate and implement a national comprehensive plan for preventing and controlling pollution from non-point agricultural sources. We will spread the experience of pilot programs to subsidize the use of low-toxicity and low-residue pesticides, and carry out green control and unified control of crop diseases and insect pests. We will carry out soil testing and formula fertilization, and promote precise fertilization techniques and tools. We will improve standards and regulations for the construction of high-standard farmland and land development and consolidation, clarify environmental requirements, and ensure that new high-standard farmland meets relevant environmental requirements. In sensitive areas and large and medium-sized irrigated areas, existing ditches, ponds and pits should be used to configure aquatic plant communities, grids and permeating DAMS, and ecological ditches, sewage purification ponds, surface runoff storage pools and other facilities should be built to purify farmland drainage and surface runoff. By 2020, the coverage rate of the technology to measure soil and apply fertilizer shall reach more than 90 percent, the utilization rate of fertilizer shall reach more than 40 percent, and the coverage rate of the unified control of crop diseases and insect pests shall reach more than 40 percent. The beijing-tianjin-hebei region, the Yangtze river delta and the pearl river delta were completed one year ahead of schedule. (led by the ministry of agriculture, with the participation of the development and reform commission, the ministry of industry and information technology, the ministry of land and resources, the ministry of environmental protection, the ministry of water resources, and the general administration of quality supervision, inspection and quarantine)
Adjust the structure and layout of planting industry. We will try to reduce water use by reducing land use in areas lacking water. In areas where groundwater is vulnerable to pollution, priority should be given to planting crops that require less fertilizer and medicine and have prominent environmental benefits. In gansu, xinjiang (including the xinjiang production and construction corps), hebei, shandong, henan and other five provinces (regions) with a large proportion of agricultural water use, the problem of overexploitation of surface water and overexploitation of groundwater is serious. By the end of 2018, a total of 33 million mu of irrigated land will have been brought under comprehensive control, reducing water use by more than 3.7 billion cubic meters. (led by the ministry of agriculture and the ministry of water resources, with the participation of the national development and reform commission and the ministry of land and resources)
We will accelerate comprehensive improvement of the rural environment. With county-level administrative areas as the unit, unified planning, construction and management of rural sewage treatment are implemented, and qualified areas actively promote the extension of urban sewage treatment facilities and services to rural areas. We will deepen the policy of "promoting governance with awards", implement rural cleaning projects, dredge rivers, and improve the rural environment. By 2020, an additional 130,000 built villages will have completed comprehensive environmental improvement. (led by the ministry of environmental protection, with the participation of the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, the ministry of water resources and the ministry of agriculture)
4. Strengthening pollution control at ship ports. Actively control ship pollution. It is mandatory to discard vessels whose service life exceeds their service life according to law. Relevant environmental protection standards for ships, their facilities and equipment shall be revised by classification and classification. The new standards apply to coastal vessels that came into service in 2018 and inland river vessels that came into service in 2021. If other vessels fail to meet the requirements after completing the transformation by the end of 2020, they shall be eliminated within the time limit. Ballast water exchange or ballast water inactivation treatment system should be implemented for international route ships sailing in Chinese waters. Regulate ship breaking behavior and prohibit beach breaking. (led by the ministry of transport, with the participation of the ministry of industry and information technology, the ministry of environmental protection, the ministry of agriculture and the general administration of quality supervision, inspection and quarantine)
We will strengthen the capacity of ports and docks to prevent and control pollution. To formulate and implement national pollution prevention and control plans for ports, wharves and handling stations. We will accelerate the construction of facilities for receiving, transferring, treating and treating waste, and increase the capacity to receive and handle oily sewage and chemical tank washing water, as well as to respond to pollution accidents. Ports, wharves, loading and unloading stations and ship repair factories located in coastal and inland rivers will meet construction requirements by the end of 2017 and 2020 respectively. Operators of ports, wharves and handling stations shall formulate emergency plans for preventing and controlling pollution of the water environment by vessels and their related activities. (led by the ministry of transport, with the participation of the ministry of industry and information technology, the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, and the ministry of agriculture)
Second, promote economic restructuring and upgrading
5. Adjusting the industrial structure. We will shut down outdated production facilities in accordance with the law. Since 2015, according to some industry backward production process equipment and product guidance catalogue, industrial structure adjustment guidance catalogue and relevant industry standards, combined with the requirements of water quality improvement and industrial development situation, formulate and implement annual backward production capacity out of plan, submitted to the ministry of industry and information technology, environmental protection department for the record. In areas that have not completed the task of elimination, the examination and approval of new projects in their related industries shall be suspended. (led by the ministry of industry and information technology, with the participation of the national development and reform commission and the ministry of environmental protection)
Strict environmental access. According to the water quality objectives and the planning requirements of the main functional zones, the environmental access conditions of the region shall be defined, the functional zoning shall be refined, and the differentiated environmental access policies shall be implemented. We will establish a monitoring and evaluation system for the carrying capacity of water resources and the water environment, and implement monitoring and early warning of carrying capacity. By 2020, it will organize and complete the evaluation of the current carrying capacity of water resources and water environment in cities and counties. (led by the ministry of environmental protection, with the participation of the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, the ministry of water resources and the oceanic administration)
6. Optimize spatial layout. We will properly determine the layout, structure and scale of development. We should give full consideration to the carrying capacity of water resources and water environment, and define cities, land, people and production by water. In principle, major projects shall be arranged in optimized development zones and key development zones, and shall be in line with urban and rural planning and overall land use planning. We will encourage the development of water-saving and efficient modern agriculture, new and high-tech industries that use less water, and environment-friendly tourism. We will strictly control the development of high-water-consumption and high-pollution industries in areas that lack water, have serious water pollution, and in sensitive areas. In the seven major river basins and main streams, we should strictly control the environmental risks of projects related to petroleum processing, chemical raw materials and chemical products manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, chemical fiber manufacturing, non-ferrous metal smelting, textile and printing and dyeing, and rationally arrange production facilities and storage facilities for hazardous chemicals. (led by the national development and reform commission, the ministry of industry and information technology, with the participation of the ministry of land and resources, the ministry of environmental protection, the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, and the ministry of water resources)
Push polluters to quit. The existing steel, non-ferrous metals, paper making, printing and dyeing, raw material pharmaceutical manufacturing, chemical and other heavy polluting enterprises in the urban construction areas should be moved and reformed in an orderly manner or closed down according to law. (led by the ministry of industry and information technology, participated by the ministry of environmental protection)
We will actively protect ecological space. Strict urban planning blue line management, urban planning areas should retain a certain proportion of the water area. No new project shall illegally occupy water areas. Land development and utilization shall, in accordance with the requirements of relevant laws, regulations and technical standards, leave enough scope for the management and protection of river courses, lakes and coastal zones, and withdraw from illegal occupation within a time limit. (led by the ministry of land and resources and the ministry of housing and urban-rural development, with the participation of the ministry of environmental protection, the ministry of water resources and the oceanic administration)
7. Promoting circular development. We will strengthen industrial water recycling. In order to promote comprehensive utilization of mine drainage, priority should be given to the use of mine drainage for supplementary water in coal mining areas, as well as for production and ecological water in surrounding areas, and the recycling of coal washing wastewater should be strengthened. We will encourage intensive waste water treatment and reuse in steel, textile, printing and dyeing, paper making, petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, leather and other high water consumption enterprises. (development and reform commission, industry and information